The valley terminal is located conveniently close to the city center. The historical old town can be reached comfortably in a 10-minute-walk or a less-than-five-minute bus ride. And so Renon’s cable car, constructed by the South Tyrolean company Leitner, has become a world-class model for public transportation. It unites all the advantages of an aerial tramway and a detachable gondola lift through the use of three cables (two support cables and one haul cable). The two support ropes make for an increased wind resistance, the spacious cabins hold up to 30 passengers, and bikes and strollers can also be brought on board. Thanks to the operation of up to eight cabins, a gondola departs every 4 minutes, and passengers can wave good-bye to restricting schedules and waiting times. During times of lesser demand and lower frequency of runs, gondolas are detached and thus energy can be saved.
- No waiting times.
- A schedule with no limits.
- Modern cabins that offer comfortable seating.
- Easy boarding and disembarking.
- Breathtaking view of the Rosengarten/Catinaccio and Schlern/Sciliar, of Bolzano and the Überetsch/Oltradige area.
- Travel with a clean conscience: Park your car - it’s easier, more comfortable and a lot prettier to move around on the Renon mountain by public transit.
- Ride the cable car for free with your RittenCard.
- System type: tricable gondola lift
- Inclined length: 4560 m
- Elevation gain: 950 m
- Maximum speed: 7 m/s
- Number of line-operating gondolas: 4 + 4 (+2 in the stations)
- Cabin capacity: 30 people
- Maximum transport capacity: 726 people/h
- Distance between gondolas: 1.5 km
- Travel time: 12 min.
- Number of support ropes: 2 + 2
- Diameter support ropes: 46 mm
- Diameter haul ropes: 41 mm
- Number of towers: 7 Power: 2 x 450 kW
- One-way ticket cable car: € 6,-
- Return ticket cable car: € 10,-
Group discounts for groups of 10+ people: one way € 3,50 and return € 7,- for person.
If you don’t have the RittenCard, a Mobilcard Day Pass is definitely the best alternative: € 10 for “juniors” (kids ages 6 under 14) and € 20 for adults.
Gondolas depart every 4 - 6 minutes at the stations in Bolzano and Soprabolzano until 9:48. Last run is at 10:45 pm.
The stations and gondolas of Cable Car Renon are handicap-accessible and wheelchair friendly.
There is a fee for dogs and they must wear a muzzle. Only lapdogs ride free of charge and without muzzle.
The valley terminal is located in Bolzano, at Rittner Straße 12 in Bolzano. Here you will find a parking lot and garage at the following rates: € 2,50 per hour; daily maximum: € 20,- and if you lose your ticket it costs € 30,-
Contact parking garage RiBo: +39 335 576 6627